About the Event
The 18th International Workshop on Seismic Anisotropy (18IWSA) will be held at the Ye’arim Hotel in Kibbutz Ma’ale Ha’Hamisha, located in the Judean Mountains near Jerusalem, Israel.
The workshop will cover various theoretical and application aspects of seismic wave phenomena in anisotropic media, mainly related to the determination of the subsurface Earth model.
The main focus will be on “inversion” of anisotropic rock properties from seismic data, using different modeling, imaging, characterization and optimization methods.
We invite you to submit an Abstract to present, and to register to attend, according to the dates below. Everybody is warmly welcome!
- The effect of rock physics on seismic anisotropy
- Anisotropic model parameterization
- Seismic forward modeling in anisotropic elastic/anelastic media
- Seismic imaging in anisotropic elastic/anelastic media
- Ray-based tomography in anisotropic media
- Wave-equation based inversion (FWI) in anisotropic media
- Anisotropic effective model parameters and kinematic/dynamic approximations
- Fracture characterization in azimuthally-anisotropic unconventional reservoirs
- S-wave anisotropy
- Surface-wave anisotropy
- Passive seismic in anisotropic media
- Borehole geophysics and VSP in anisotropic media
April 15, 2018 – registration opens
June 1, 2018 - abstract submission opens
July 30, 2018 - abstract submission deadline
October 15, 2018 – registration deadline
Committees & Sponsors
Local Organizing Committee
Zvi Koren (TAU/Paradigm), Chair
Dan Kosloff (TAU, SeismicCity)
Ran Bachrach (Schlumberger)
Moshe Reshef (TAU)
Technical Program Committee
Igor Ravve (Paradigm) Chair
Leon Thomsen (Delta Geophysics)
Ivan Psencik (Czech Academy of Sciences)
Sergey Fomel (UT Austin)
Ilya Tsvankin (Colorado School of Mines)
Alexey Stovas (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
Boris Gurevich (Curtin University)
The conference will be produced by Aviation - Links.
For scientific and professional issues, please contact Zvi Koren (Paradigm): Zvi.Koren@PDGM.com.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any query, request or details update
Nurit & Liann – Conference department crew
Ms. Liann Ender – Liann.Ender@aviation-links.co.il
Ms. Nurit Nevet - Nurit.Nevet@aviation-links.co.il
Liann Ender – Office phone: +972-3-5219562
09:00-17:00 local time (Israel)
Nurit Nevet Mobile phone: +972-50-8829561